Kindness from the literal to the transformational in the …
The quality of being friendly, generous and considerate
“he thanked them for their kindness and support”
Bible as we’ve read in the Advent Blog
- “Choose kindness, do to others what you would have them do to you” (Matthew 7:12, NIV)
- Jesus taught that “whatever you do for the least of these you do for me,” and “to whom much is given, much will be asked.”
- “You are dust, and to dust you shall return” (Genesis 3:9 ESV)
“Ashes to ashes, dust to dust “(Book of Common Prayer)
- “Show mercy and compassion to one another.” (Zechariah, 7:9)
- “For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, ‘Fear not, I am the one who helps you.’” (Isaiah 41:13)
- “Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.” (Ephesians 4:2)
- “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’” (Matthew 25:40, NIV)
- “Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.” (1 John 3:18)
People we’ve met in the Advent Blog
- Bruce Springsteen, the Hope Children’s Choir, the Soweto Gospel Choir and Glen Campbell shining God’s light through their unique lenses. (March 9 & February 24 Lent Blog)
- An angel in the snow detouring on a routine Sunday drive to Ft. Devens to help a lost brother return home safely. (March 8 Lent Blog)
- A not-for-profit providing housing and comprehensive services for woman in need. (March 5 Lent Blog)
- Young church members providing transportation to church for a nonagenarian. (March 3 Lent Blog)
- Health care workers providing comfort to a patient and family dealing with life changing events and separation during the pandemic. (February 28 Lent Blog)
- A homeless man sharing his bounty. (February 23 Blog)
Marble Easter Offering
Since 1968, Marble Collegiate Church passes along 100% of the Easter Offering: every one of our hard earned dollars goes directly to carefully researched not-for-profit organizations doing God’s work in our world. No overhead. No “cut” for Marble. A simple pass through of Treasure from Marble’s generous family to our brothers, sisters and children in need.
Please learn more about the Marble Easter Offering and kindly contribute to building God’s Kingdom with love.
May God bless your kindness during this Lenten journey.
Marble Collegiate Church
One response to “The Many Lenses of Kindness”
What a wonderful reminder that we each can be an instrument of kindness and that we each have bounty we can share.