“Let me fall if I must.
The one I will
Baal Shem Tov
Transitions are messy. Holy Week starts with the promise and jubilation of Palm Sunday. And then, Holy Week turns dark and tragic. But, we know the ending. Friday’s darkness turns into Sunday’s light. The week ends in Alleluia!
As we start Holy Week, take stock of where you are spiritually. And take out your journal. Write your feelings down. Here are some questions to get you started:
- Where are you, spiritually?
- What is saving your life right now?
- What will help you find better balance in life?
- What is bringing you joy?
- How can I overcome some of my fears?
- Where do you want to be at the end of Holy Week?
- Oh and one more thing, in every negative you put in your journal, add an “AND” to the sentence with something positive. It is time to change the conversation in your heart and mind. The “AND” will make a difference.
Holy Week is the chance for us all to grow. Use Jesus’s courage as a model for the journey you will take this week. And remember:
“Let me fall if I must. The one I will become will catch me.” Baal Shem Tov