The season of Lent starts next week and we wanted to share our theme for the Lenten journey with you. We still have places open if you would like to take the theme and write a post for us. Here is our theme for Lent 2021:
Worth the Struggle
We have all been there before. We struggle for days, months, and even years to learn, overcome, achieve, graduate, or something else and once we get to the other side, we know the struggle was worth it.
How do we cope during the time of struggle?
What did we do during the struggle to help us get to the other side?
What are your favorite quotes on “worth the struggle?”
“You’re imperfect, and you’re wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging” — Brene Brown.
“Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into light.” –Helen Keller
A favorite quote on this concept is from Henri Nouwen, “spend some time each morning doing nothing but simply sitting in the presence of God and saying the Jesus Prayer. Gradually, God will enter your heart in a new way and bring new light into your struggle. “
Or maybe there is a song that helped you through the struggle? A favorite for me is the Sara Bareilles song, Brave. Take a listen here:
If you would like to write for our blog this Lent, please note our submission guidelines:
- 400 words or less is a good length.
- Prayers, songs, pictures, stories, meaningful moments, meditations, poetry, but keep each post to 400 words or less.
- Tell a story from the heart.
- Pictures, videos, and even spoken word can be put up on our blog.
- Original work is best, if it is not please make sure you credit the author.
- Submit your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much for considering becoming a writer for this year’s theme “Worth the Struggle.”