Tomorrow is the first day of Advent, marking the journey we will make together towards December 25th, 2017. This Advent Blog, sponsored and written by Marble Collegiate Church’s Women’s Ministry and dear friends of our group will focus on the traditional themes of Advent: hope, joy, peace and love. And we will add the theme of courage to the mix this year. Mary, the Mother of Jesus was a woman who had a great deal of courage. We hope that our stories, poems, and other writings will inspire you to take a leap of faith, redefine your traditions, and walk boldly in faith.
Please check out our menu right above the blog posts each day. We have added some new features to help you find opportunities to volunteer, give meaningful gifts, and also be there for some that we know the holidays will be a difficult time. Many in our community have lost loved ones, friends, and where the holidays can be sad. This guide will help you be there for someone and together we can share love this advent will all who need it.
How do I participate?
- While you are sleeping, a daily blog post will appear. Read the post and share it with your friends. At the bottom of the blog there are buttons to share the post via email, Print, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or even Like the post.
- There is a WordPress App that you can download from the iTunes, Android, Blackberry and Windows stores. Turn on notifications and you will receive a little buzz on your Smartphone or Tablet.
- We welcome you to actively participate! If you see something you like or a post that inspires you, click the heart and better yet, add a comment to make the blog more interactive.
- We have added to the blog a bit this year to include opportunities for you to volunteer, get support if you need it, and places to buy more thoughtful gifts from organizations that we support. Give and give back at the same time.
- Send the link for your Friends and Family around the globe to join. Here is the direct website: https://marblewomen.com
We hope that our Advent Blog will help you to rediscover the sacred Advent season one day at a time.
Sending you blessings this Advent…
Curator of the Marble Advent Blog