Advent is 109 days away from today. During my daily prayers this week, I really needed to think about the promise and hope of Advent.
Did you need a little Advent this August too?
I came across the following Ralph Waldo Emerson quote today and I thought I should share….
For many, mid-August is the time to think about that end-of-the-summer bucket list. OK, most summer bucket lists involve making sure I had a Lobster Roll, headed to the shore, read a book that I was hoping to all year long, got a tan or relaxed with friends. It is not too late for that kind of list, but maybe we can go a bit deeper this August.
What did I hope to accomplish this summer?
Here are some questions to ask before the end of the summer:
- How did I make a difference in someone’s life this summer?
- Did I reconnect with someone special that made a difference in my life?
- What about saying thank you to someone who helped me when I needed it?
- Where can I go to get inspired this August?
A few items on my deeper bucket list this summer needed some courage to accomplish and I looked to books, podcasts and articles for inspiration. Please share in the comments section if you have a good addition to add to a summer of inspiration.
- Brown, Brene. Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead. (Avery, reprinted 2014).
- Bareilles, Sara. Sounds like Me: My Life (So far) in Song. (Simon and Shuster, 2015).
- Quindlen, Anna. Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake. (Random House, 2013).
- Be Amplified: The Podcast by Bri Seeley + Thais Sky who interview influential women around the world. Click here to join Be Amplified…
- Gretchen Rubin Podcasts (My Experiments in the Pursuit of Happiness and Good Habits) Click here to join Gretchen’s podcast…
- Here is a great place to find articles of inspiration from the workplace. The Muse’s Inspiring Women Pages
- 5 Inspiring Talks
Is there something on your bucket list that asks you to be bold and courageous? There is still more time this summer to take that first step. Be bold and courageous my friends…
I hope you can find some Advent this August.