One of my favorite activities to do each Advent is to read a story of Christmas to a child or an elder. It is virtually free, as you can check a book out of the library. Reading aloud will bring joy–I promise to both you and the listener. Here is a short list of options that you could read!
1. The Little Match Girl, by Hans Christian Andersen
2. Olive, the Other Reindeer, by J. Otto Seibold
3. Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey, by Susan Wojciechowski
4. Dream Snow, by Eric Carle
5. The Legend of the Poinsettia, by Tomie dePaola
6. The Crippled Lamb, by Max Lucado
7. The Berenstain Bears and the Joy of Giving, by Jan and Mike Berenstain
8. Charlie and the Christmas Kitty, by Ree Drummond
9. A Wish to be a Christmas Tree, by Colleen Monroe
10. Welcome Comfort, by Patricia Polacco
Do you have someone that you could read to? Please feel free to share some of your favorite books and memories of Christmas reading with the blog.